Comirnaty grey cap vaccines have replaced Comirnaty purple cap 12+
From 1 March 2023 Comirnaty 30mcg purple cap vaccine is replaced with two grey cap vaccines as follows:
- Comirnaty 30mcg 12+ grey cap, which replaces the purple cap for primary courses
- Comirnaty 15/15mcg 16+ grey cap, the bivalent vaccine, which will be used for boosters.
Please take a look at our webinar on the Comirnaty grey cap x2 on our webinar page.
As the caps are both grey it is important to ensure the correct vaccine is being used. We have prepared resources to assist along with our usual fact sheets, forms, guidance, and posters that show the differences between the two vaccines. Find these below.
Please note: Comirnaty purple cap can be discarded from 1 March 2023.
Comirnaty grey cap resources
Comirnaty resources updated to include Comirnaty grey cap
- COVID-19 vaccine comparison chart v9
- Comirnaty expiry poster
- Comirnaty screening guide v18
- Safe vaccine preparation - Comirnaty vaccines
- Safe vaccine preparation - Comirnaty and Nuvaxovid vaccines
- Stop What Top! poster for Comirnaty vaccines
- Stop What Top! poster for Comirnaty and Nuvaxovid vaccines
Last updated: 01 March 2023