Looking for the IMAC Learning Management System? Go to the login page here.
Who can take this course?
This course is for authorised and provisionally authorised vaccinators intending to administer the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (Comirnaty). All vaccinators must complete all course material as part of their vaccinator training and education for the COVID-19 Immunisation programme.
What the course covers
This education course covers two main areas:
- The Pfizer/BioNTech Comirnaty vaccine
- Preparation and development
- Composition and effectiveness
- Pre-vaccination screening
- Re-constitution and administration
- Delivery and storage
- COVID-19 the disease
- Other COVID vaccine technologies
- Working with the COVID Immunisation Register (CIR)
- The patient journey in the CIR
- How to check in a patient
- How to record a vaccination
- Managing a patient in observation
Once you have completed the COVID-19 education training, you will need to attend a live Covid-19 Immunisation Register (CIR) webinar session so the Ministry of Health can activate you CIR account. This webinar will run you through a step by step example of how to use the CIR, as well as answer any questions you may have.
The CIR records all COVID vaccinations that occur across New Zealand and the webinar will give you access to a classroom training version to practice using the CIR before you start vaccinating.
How to access the course
The course is free and available with open access via our Learning Management System to health professionals who are authorised or provisionally authorised vaccinators. Please check our available education by profession to ensure you sign up to the right education for you.