Nuvaxovid (Novavax) COVID-19 Vaccine Course
Who can take this course?
This course is for all vaccinators administering the Nuvaxovid (Novavax) vaccine.
All vaccinators must complete all the course material as part of their vaccinator training and education for the COVID Immunisation programme.
Note: COVID-19 vaccinators working under supervision are not eligible to complete this course.
You are a health professional and have a current Annual Practising Certificate (APC), or a health professional in the process of gaining a current APC.
• Are a fully authorised or provisionally authorised vaccinator OR
• Are a Pharmacist Vaccinator (including interns) OR
• Are a registered health professional with prescribing rights.
• And you have completed the Pfizer/BioNTech course.
What the course covers
There are three main lessons covered, please find below.
• Nuvaxovid vaccine recommendations,
• Nuvaxovid safety and effectiveness
• Nuvaxovid vaccination
The Nuvaxovid vaccine
This course also discusses the Nuvaxovid vaccine in detail, including:
• Contraindications, precautions, and recommendations
• Eligibility criteria and rollout
• Safety and effectiveness
• Delivery and storage
• Pre-vaccination screening
• Preparation and administration.
How to access the course
The course is free and available with open access via our Learning Management System to health professionals who are authorised or provisionally authorised vaccinators. Please check our available education by profession to ensure you sign up for the proper education.